I've been adrift these last few months, dealing with life, pining for what I don't have, feeling frustrated lonely and miserable. At times, I've shared these things. There are no new stories, only varying ways to tell the tale and this blog/journal circles like vultures over carrion with the same themes. Mocking men who approach me online and in life and lamenting the poor selection of men in general (side note: alarming number of men online rocking only the high school diploma), hating on the people who do link up (seriously though, I see a troll of a person kissing their honey goodbye and really wonder about that backstory. Then I earnestly compare myself to someone I don't even know, thinking her skin is smoother than mine, she dresses sluttier, she probably does x sex thing to/for him). She could be a miserable human being but she's validated because someone wanted to lock it down with her.
Anyway, for the next five posts I'm going to try to leave those things behind for a while, let them fester and get nice and crusty. I shall try something different.
Stay tuned.
2 comments:
You probably already know this, but women now account for far more college degrees than men in U.S.
For men, college is considered too expensive w/ too little payoff. Whereas for women, college the road to self-sufficiency and a better pool of men.
Eh. Women now account for more college degrees but I went to college almost 15 years ago. And honestly I don't know how anyone man or woman can't see that a four year degree is becoming the new high school diploma.
I think perhaps my experience is more a reflection of the demographic of internet dating sites, especially the free ones.
Post a Comment