Thursday, January 5, 2012

Watching too much TV

Wondering if I can get away with not walking the dog tonight.  The way she is eyeballing me suggests I will be shagging my ass out the door in the near term.

I've decided the next time I feel bad about myself to watch TLC.  Is is just me or is that network becoming trainwreck central?  And do these people understand that they are not part of the joke, they are the joke?  Hoarders is jaw dropping-ly amazingly awful.  I don't claim to be an expert on the show but it certainly seems that hoarding is to white women what serial killing is to white men.  What. the. hell.  I can not do it justice so here's a clip from the episode I watched last night.



It was awful.  She was a trash hoarder.

A. trash. hoarder.

She hoarded *trash*.

Sorry, I just can't get my head around not throwing away trash.  There was a foot-and-a-half pile of used sanitary napkins in the bathroom.  There were roaches behind the pictures on the wall and *in* the refrigerator which was described by the exterminator as an "incubator."  They had pets, two teenagers and that woman living in the house.  Feeling a bit overwhelmed because those dishes from Monday are still in the sink and you are behind on laundry?  Watch an episode and you will feel like the most together person.  You'll look at your turd-free floor, roach free walls, floors, ceiling, and appliances and think, yea, I can work with this.

But I wasn't done feeling superior so I tuned into an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras.  I do not understand the stunning lack of self-awarness in so many of the parents on the pageant circuit.  I can not believe they sign releases.  This mom was even breeding multiple personalities for her 6 year daughter by encouraging her to leave her 'real' self in the car and keep her pageant alter-ego on deck for the duration of the competition.  Ho-ly crap.



And this girl needs her own show.  And someone to start a college fund for her.



Well Baloo just assumed her station directly in my line of sight so she can begin staring at me until I take her out.  She is brutal.

1 comment:

Lodo Grdzak said...

"Hoarding is to white women what serial killing is to white men."

You got all of that one Ava!!!