Monday, August 16, 2010

You know we don't give a $*#% it's not your birthday!

So I'm 35 now. Yay? No, not yay but it was a good and strange day and totally blog worthy but I've been exhausted when it's time to write and thus have denied the interwebs all the good stories I've been meaning to tell. It's appropriate that I've been keeping old people hours right before I hit the big 3-5 and funnier still that if I'm fortunate enough to read this when I'm 55, I'll want to punch this version of me in the teeth for joking about fatigue and body aches.

Before I fade out let me just make an observation. When I meet some random guy I decide I want to be obsessed about, he never asks me once when my birthday is and a month later shows up at my door with a card. With a gift card in it for a store I actually shop at. He never comes all the way over to my house on his off day to bring me anything and then leaves without trying to get "payment in kind." This guy works two jobs and he gave me money. He cleans our building during the day and does valet parking at night. That's insane. It's the nicest thing a guy (who isn't my father) has ever done for me. I don't know if I should give it back to him, if I should find out when his birthday is and buy him a helicopter or something. What would you do?

I'm still processing this but I feel like no man does something like that for a girl he's not interested in. They don't buy a lovely pink card and drive all the way to her house to give it to her on her actual birthday if they wouldn't mind seeing her naked.

Right?

2 comments:

Dani said...

Ava, that's so exciting if you ask me! Sounds like he's a guy worth your time. His mamma raised him right. Is he cute? Does he have any repulsive antisocial behaviors that make you question his mental stability? If the answers to those questions are yes and no, espectively, than he just might be worth getting to know.

[happy birthday!]


Dani

Lodo Grdzak said...

I'd say...right.