Thursday, January 13, 2011

Outlet Store Post

All the posts this could have been were composed throughout the day in my head. They were insightful, sometimes poignant, sometimes funny (she said modestly). Those threads are still kind of in my head but imperfect and not quite right, like the discount bin at an outlet store. There was the one reflecting on what a good day it was today because my suit fit nicely and didn't choke out my waist all day and give me gas (TMI?). I further reflected on how that motivated me to work out tonight so my pants could continue to fit. I rested on my laurels a bit as I recognized I was actually living my goal. I was stronger, I had made exercise a part of my life without turning it into my lifestyle, and it was actually making my life better. I am aware that weight has been lost though it's not terribly dramatic but I have no idea what I weigh and still have no interest in knowing that number because that was not my goal. I still desperately need an adequate sports bra. I'm sure I took a good 2-3 years of perk out of my boobs tonight with the crap bra I had on while running.

Another would-be post reflected on how over the moon I was with tamara's comment. I felt good about being me today. My hair acted right, my pants fit, my meeting went well, the drive went well. I had a great dinner with my dear Soul Twin last night and she told me all the reasons she loved me which were random silly reasons like buying her licorice. This after last weekend when I pouted for a day over missing a phone call and her response was to pepper me with completely unrelated barrages of 'this is why you're awesome' text messages. tamara's comment reminded me of something Soul Twin sent me last weekend in that barrage. And that made me feel good. I really do feel blessed and highly favored today even if everything I wanted this post to be is trapped between my ears.

2 comments:

Lodo Grdzak said...

Its hard to get it all out--no? I notice with me, as a post starts to take form, it oftentimes takes on a life of its own. Sometimes the very thing the post was supposed to be about--or that I thought it was supposed to be about--drop off, and other peripheral things take over.

Seems like a good year for you so far, even if it is young. Enjoy!

tamara said...

You know, from the title I thought it was going to be a ranting, hilarious post about why shopping in outlet stores is hell on earth!

Well, all I can say about my comments is that I call 'em like I see 'em, and there's plenty more where that came from ;)

Scales don't tell the whole story. You are wise to steer clear. Not owning one was a conscious decision for me! There's no faster way to ruin a workout high than by stepping on a scale.