Friday, January 27, 2012

Some random things I'm tired of on Facebook

Facebook postings on Fridays talking about Friday. It's Friday people. It comes every single week without fail, why do you post about it EVERY SINGLE WEEK?

Facebook status updates with one side of an emotional argument with an anonymous person.

Status updates on any social networking platform that discuss your attempts to conceive with details like ovulation or updates which convey your disappointment that your husband will be away when you're most fertile.

Updates inspired by something the poster read in The 7 Habits of People who Buy Books Like This admonishing or encouraging the masses to some level of greatness they may have never reached but for their status update.

It's been covered at length by so many people, all funnier and better known than me but for the love of all the kitten whiskers and puppy noses, please, please, PLEASE stop providing a blow by blow narrative of your day; e.g.

0810: The kids are up. Coffee time!
0820: Sara doesn't want to wear her warm sweater but she'll thank me later!
0830: God it's cold! Good thing I'm wearing gloves!
1000: I wonder what movie the kids will want to watch tonight. Maybe Finding Nemo.

And social network friends of this serial spammer, STOP LIKING AND/OR commenting on inane status updates.

And for our couples on Facebook; Facebook PDA is kind of weird. When you post on each other's wall how much you love each other, it makes me wonder if your relationship is in trouble. Maybe if I had love like yours, I would shout it from the top of the internet but I'm thinking that I would probably just call them at work, text them, or tell them since they are just downstairs in the basement paying bills. It's one thing to share with the world how you feel about someone, it's another to post to your feelings to their Facebook wall when you see them everyday.

1 comment:

Teresa @ good-grace said...

oh, AMEN! I'm thankful that FB has a "mute" feature ... so I don't have to be inundated with that type of bullshit ... but I don't have to (gasp) UNfriend the person. (A social no-no, I've been told.)

And I'm in complete agreement... people stop liking/commenting on the bs.... it only perpetuates the nonsense.

("for the love of kitten whiskers and puppy noses" - hilarious!)